TIS (Tower Integrated System) is a computer system providing an integrated and homogenous solution to monitoring, control and display requirements of an airport tower.
TIS consists in
- Uniform monitoring across different functions and systems applying optimized HMI ergonomics instead of different displays from different vendors
- Compact Human-Machine-Interface covering all sub-systems instead of 1 screen for each sub-system provider
- Real-time information at your finger tips instead of “all” functions open at all times on all screens
- Continuous logging providing real time capture of tower events
- Cost effective and flexible adaption enabling customer specific needs and preferences
Features of TIS
- Designed with a fault tolerant and modular architecture
- Scalable to suit the functional and capacity requirements of any civil or military tower.
- Provides decisional support information to the Air Traffic Control Operator (ATCO).
- The system is based on COTS components with the main processing being performed by high reliability rack servers.
- Industrial IP-based components are used to interface to the various external systems. The components are interconnected using a dual Ethernet network providing a fault tolerant architecture. Monitors allow the use of the latest state of the art technology and provide the most comprehensive Human Machine Interface.
- The software is implemented using a modular and flexible architecture which allows the HMI to be tailored to any individual customer’s requirement.
- Step-by step implementation ensures continuous TWR operations without interruptions.
- Increased ATCOs’ effectiveness and productivity because complex decisions made efficiently with less effort
- Increased safety due to better management of tower operations and critical information available at the right time
- Enhanced ATCOs’ work environment quality due to a workplace designed around the Tower’s operational processes / the ATCO’s workflows
- Increased ATCOs’ work satisfaction
Applicable systems that can be integrated into TIS solution include:
- Airfield Lighting Control
- MET Info Display
- NavAids Status Monitoring & Control
- D-ATIS / VOLMET
- Datalink Departure Clearance
- Flight Data
- CAT III Status Panel
- Crash Alarm / Red-Telephone
- AFTN Display
- Direction Finder
- GPS Time
- Tower Cabin Task Lighting
- Sun Shade Control
- Video Surveillance
- Entrance Control
- Data logging of all system I/O
- Electronic Flight Strips
- Alarm Monitoring & Control
- Radio Control Panels
- Tower Cabin Interior